Katie Mustard founded Mustard & Company in 2010 to develop and produce fictional and documentary films, as well as provide production services for international co-productions shooting in the US.
Named by Variety's Top 10 Producers To Watch, Katie Mustard is one of the leading film producers, line producers, and executive producers in independent cinema. Katie's priority is story and story first, producing films across all genres and cultures.
In 2018, Katie joined Netflix International as a Physical Production Executive leading production of Netflix Local Language Originals Series in Central Eastern Europe & Turkey. She is a member of the DGA, the PGA, Women Independent Producers, IFP and is represented by United Talent Agency.
Katie graduated from The University of Southern California where she was the top of her class in the Cinema & TV Critical Studies BA program. In 2004, Katie was accepted to a Masters program in Producing in Tel Aviv, Israel where she began collaborations with producers from around the world.
With 19 years of Production Expertise:
• Katie has overseen the production of 40 feature length movies, 20 short films, 3 feature documentaries, dozens of commercials, several unscripted web/TV series, and most recently, 2 Virtual Reality films.
• Katie has worked across continents filming in India, China, Nepal, Bulgaria, Romania, Canada, Turkey, Antarctica, Turkey, Poland, the Baltics, Morocco, France, Italy and the UK.
• Katie has had 9 films premiere at the Sundance Film Festival
• In 2014, Katie was selected as one of eight US producers for the TAP International Producing Fellowship, sponsored by the Independent Filmmaker Project (IFP)
• Katie was honored with a "Women In Film" Award by the St. Louis Film Festival in 2015
• For the past 6 years, Katie has served as a Physical Production Executive to the Venice Biennale Cinema Fund, which grants financing to 3 feature films per year across the globe.
• Katie has worked with studios such as Paramount Pictures, Amazon and Netflix. In 2017, she served as a consulting Production Executive for Netflix International Originals
• Katie currently served as a Cultural Ambassador for US Embassies in 3rd world countries as part of the American Film Showcase.
With proficiency in physical production, Katie wears many hats, often juggling the roles of creative counselor for directors, financial analyst for producers, logistical coordinator for the crew, diplomat for the actors, accountant for the financiers, lawyer for the first time filmmakers --and all around peace-maker, problem-solver, and managerial-expert.
Katie lives in Amsterdam with her husband, daughter and son.